Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things I've learned

#1
Don't be so hard on your self!!!!


The first 4 weeks are the HARDIEST! ( at least they were for me) I thought I was getting depressed...I was crying all the time. I was walking like a duck, and had a hard time sitting, was sleep deprived, and couldn't understand why I didn't feel like a normal person. My mom would try to explain to me that my body just went though a huge transformation and it just doesn't go back to it's self over night, it take time. Sierra also had her nights and day's mixed up. So that made everything even harder. THANK GOD my mom was with us the first 3 nights, and then came for another week after Rob went back to work. It really makes a different if you have an extra helping hand, if anything just to calm you down when you are feeling over whelmed! Witch we did!

#2
Sleep when the baby sleeps!

"Get used to those sleepless night!" People would say that to me at the end of my pregnancy. I thought that was funny, b/c I wasn't getting much sleep as it was at the end b/c Sierra had me up till 3 am every night kicking me, on my right side of my stomach. NO! you really don't get any sleep when the little one comes home! You lean to appreciate the time when they sleep 3 hours in a row. 4 hours...Forget it, You might get a dream in! I'm starting to really like my cat naps. It's the only thing that keeps me half sane now.

#3
Take one day at a time

(and one thing)

I'm a very busy person, always have something to do and somewhere to go. I'll never forget the day I was sitting one the couch with Sierra and I went to go feed her, so I grabbed the Boppy pillow and as I was grabbing it and knocked over my glass of water on my coffee table. Water spilt everywhere all over papers and the rug. I start crying! b/c in my head I couldn't putt the baby down b/c I had to feed her...and IF I putt her down at all she might start crying...I can't let her CRY! For 3 hours I sat on the cough and was staring at the water on the table and the rug, till my mom came over! She came over and saved the day. Thank GOD for mom's! That day on, I've learned that it's ok if all you get done in one day is the dishes, maybe the next day you can do the laundry and the day after that you might be able to fold it!

#4
Call/ E-mail your girlfriends


It is so important to call your girlfriends that have baby's...so you don't feel like your the only crazy mommy out there....there are a millions other just like you. Especially if your a new mommy like me. I didn't call anyone or go on the Internet for the first month I was home. All I could do was sit on the couch and hope I didn't do anything to break this new little person we brought home.

#5
SHOWERS!


I've never been so excited to take a shower in my life! I take my showers now a night when Rob gets home from work...I give her to Daddy and I go in the shower. It's 20 min's of bliss heaven all to myself.

#6
Sierra


She makes me want to be a better person. I just hope that I can be the best mommy that I can be.

Theres more...but it's getting late and I can't think that good anymore....Must be time for a cat nap!

1 comment:

  1. It's so true about showers. And that has not changed for me. Sometimes I drag them out because I know it's my time just for me! Now he takes consistant naps so I could take one when he's asleep but I still prefer to take them when Matt is home because it's extra time to myself!!

    Being a mommy made me love silence, which is weird because you know me... I love loud.

    ReplyDelete